Apr 15, 2010

PS22 just did Beach House

This is probably the 3rd time I have ever posted about PS22. You're a crapload of a human being if you don't like them. Inner city kids juxtaposed against genres of music beyond what most adults even know... you gotta love them. It's like that episode of Friends where Chandler revealed he doesn't like puppies and Ross didn't like ice cream. People just look at you weird.

Anyway, artists on varying levels of success these days consider it an honor when PS22 covers one of their songs. And recently, I discovered they did ZEBRA by BEACH HOUSE. This caught me by surprise because these are elementary school kids from Staten Island singing a folky make-out-music song from a band from Baltimore. Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, even Journey I can understand. But Beach House?

Shit, I thought only I knew about Beach House. Guess not. Either way, they do it complete justice.


Hilarious note: at about 1:18, one kid woke up and realized what the hell was going on: "12 YO black kids don't sing Beach House, WTF". That alone is worth watching.